Well I'd like to see some promising indie games
Indie Game Showcase Challenge Take 2
Indie Game Showcase Challenge Take 2
Community Voting is Now Open Through May 23.
Click on the "Entries" tab above to vote!
Which Of These 3 Indie Developers Has The Most Anticipated Game?
We want our Alienware Arena community to weigh in! Take part in the group discussions for you favorite game. Talk with the developers and learn more about their new projects!
- Week of April 17: Check out the developers' game pages linked below for game details
- Week of April 24: Grab your game codes for all 3 games to try them out!
- Week of May 1: Tune in to AlienwareTV as Lenard features the 3 contenders
- Week of May 8: VOTE for your top pick!
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BEGINNING MAY 10!
A panel of 3 “Expert Judges” will review eligible entries based on the following equally weighted Judging Criteria.
- Public Appeal (Judges factor in votes, in their discretion, received from the Alienware Arena community for the most anticipated game.)
- Community Engagement (How well has Developer engaged its community on the Game Page via videos, images, game keys, social media, etc.)
- Most Anticipated Game (Judges utilize all of the information available on the Game Page.
Indie Developers Competing for Alienware Cash and Systems!
- Grand Prize Winner
- Cash Prize $5,000
- Area-51 desktop
- AW13 laptop
- 1st Runner Up
- Cash Prize $2,500
- Alienware 15 laptop
- 2nd Runner up
- Cash Prize $500
- Alienware 13 laptop
Entry closes April 16, 2017
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
Contest is open to invited developers (whether they are individuals, teams or companies). Developer Representative must be a legal resident of the United Kingdom or United States, 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority in his/her place of residence if it is higher than 18) as of April 13, 2017.
The Community Voting is open through May 23!
Click on the game images to check out each developer's game page/group to view all of their images, videos and other content showcasing their game before casting your vote!
Then scroll over the game images displayed below and select "+1" to cast your vote for the game you feel has best met the contest objectives! You are limited to one vote per game.
The number of votes for each entry will be taken into consideration by the expert judges as one factors in their determination of Public Appeal.Official Rules
The voting period has not opened yet. Please check back May 8, 2017 to view and vote on entries.
Indie Game Showcase Challenge Take 2
No winners have been selected yet. Please check back later.
Alienware Indie Center Stage
Indie Game Showcase Challenge Take 2
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase or Payment Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
These rules (“Official Rules”) set forth the rules of the Indie Game Showcase Challenge Take 2 (the “Challenge”). iGames, Inc. (“Sponsor”) is the sponsor of the Challenge. The Challenge is an opportunity for indie game developers to participate in a promotion with Dell Corporation (“Dell”) to jointly promote and showcase the most highly anticipated games being created among members of the Alienware Arena Indie Center Stage Program community.
By entering the Challenge, you accept these Official Rules and agree to be bound by their terms on behalf of yourself and the Developer you represent. If you do not agree with these Official Rules, please do not enter the Challenge.
1. Eligibility. This skill based Challenge is open to 3 select developers (whether they are individuals, teams or companies) as selected by Alienware that are registered members of the Alienware Arena Indie Center Stage Program (each a “Developer”) and have met all of the following selection criteria:
- Developing more than 1 game,
- Have an existing large social media following,
- A game being released in 2017, and
- Can provide closed beta or game demo keys to Sponsor by April 14, 2017 for distribution to the Alienware Arena community the week of April 24, 2017.
The person making the Challenge submission on behalf of the Developer and agreeing to these Official Rules on behalf of said Developer, agrees that he/she has the authority to represent and act on behalf of the Developer (“Representative”) by providing an Entry in this Challenge. Representatives must be a legal resident of the United Kingdom or the United States and 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority in his/her place of residence if it is higher than 18) as of April 13, 2017. Representatives may be required to show proof of age, residence, and authority to act on behalf of the Developer. IF YOU DO NOT SATISFY THESE REQUIREMENTS, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO REGISTER AND/OR PARTICIPATE IN THE CHALLENGE. All Representatives must have a valid e-mail address and it is Representative’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in their e-mail address. Participation in the Challenge is subject to compliance with the requirements specified below. Employees of Sponsor, Dell Corporation, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production, execution, or distribution of the Challenge and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings, and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three months out of the year) are not eligible as Representatives or Developers.
2. Submission Period. The “Submission Period” starts at 2pm Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) in the United States, which is the time in Los Angeles, on April 13, 2017 and ends at 11:59pm PDT, April 16, 2017. Entries will be accepted, reviewed and judged at different times and dates during the Submission Period as specified in these Official Rules.
3. How to Enter the Challenge.
To enter the Challenge, please follow these steps:
- Each Representative must create or have an existing free Alienware Arena Indie Center Stage online user account.
- Representatives will need to complete the Challenge entry form which can be found at https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/1515501/Contest/indie-game-showcase-challenge-take-2 or https://uk.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/1515501/Contest/indie-game-showcase-challenge-take-2. The entry form and Game Page (as defined hereunder) are together Developer/Representative’s “Entry.” All Entries must be submitted within the Submission Period.
- Representatives will select one of Developer’s games as the “Showcase Game” for the Developer’s Entry. No more than one Representative/Entry per Developer. The game must not be released to the public prior to May 21, 2017.
- Representative must create a “Game Page” which will be used to promote the Showcase Game. Representatives will upload images, videos, updates and any other creative information or materials to showcase the game. The Game Page will be used by the public and expert judges to vote and judge the Entries.
- Representatives must upload a minimum of one game video or trailer, upload one game image and fill out the About section of their Game Page no later than April 16, 2017 or the Entry will be removed from the Challenge.
- Developers may have no more than one Representative and Entry per Developer to be showcased in the Challenge. All Entries must be submitted to Sponsor according to the deadlines posted in these Official Rules.
- Entrants must provide 10,000 closed beta/game demo keys (“Game Keys”) to Sponsor by April 14, 2017to be used as a giveaway promotion for Alienware Arena users to try the game.
- Starting the week of April 24, 2017 Game Keys will be available on Alienware Arena.
- Starting the week of May 1, 2017, each Showcase Games will be promoted on an AlienwareTV live stream.
- Showcase Game Promotion Recommendations:
- Creating anticipation and buzz for your game is important.
- Let them see it! Videos and in-game screenshots that showcase the best features of your game will drive interest.
- Content updates on a weekly basis are essential in keeping the community engaged with your game development progress. Keep it fresh to keep them coming back for the latest on the game!
- Use your social media no matter how big or small of a following to grow your community and game exposure.
- Live streams- show the gaming world your game through a Twitch stream and be sure to mention the Challenge and how people can vote.
4. Entry Requirements: By entering the Challenge, each Representatives represents and warrants that he/she has obtained all of the rights, licenses, and permissions in writing from any person who may have helped create the Entry (or from an appropriate parent/legal guardian if any such person is considered a minor in his/her eligible country of residence); that his or her Entry conforms to these Official Rules, and that the Entry: (i) is the original work of the Developer; (ii) has not previously been submitted in any competition and has not won an award or prize of any kind; (iii) does not include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned the Developer or material that is used without permission (including but not limited to company names, photographs, works of art, or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media) or that otherwise infringes or violates the rights of any third party (including but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, logos, contract and licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy, moral rights (i.e., droit morale), or any other intellectual property rights); (iv) except as set forth above content of Entry is not subject to any third party agreement(s), the Sponsor will not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of its use or exploitation of the idea or rights therein as contemplated in these Official Rules; (v) not contain references to pornography, sexual or racial slurs or connotations, offensive language, obscenities or any material that is libelous or defamatory, or would be offensive to, or disparage, a group or individual including, without limitation, disparaging attitudes based on race, gender or religion; (vi) not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, pornography, tobacco; (vii) not promote any particular political agenda or message; (viii) not contain any personally identifiable information about any person without his/her permission, and ; (ix) not disparage the Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Challenge. Please review the Alienware Arena website Terms of Service and copyright infringement policy located at http://www.alienwarearena.com/legal/terms/ for more information. Should Representative include any personally identifiable information about him/herself in his/her Entry, Representative acknowledges and agrees that such information may be disclosed publicly and Representative is solely responsible for any consequences thereof. Sponsor and its agents reserve the right not to consider, and to remove, any Entry they deem, in their sole, subjective determination, to be inappropriate and/or not in compliance with these Official Rules and will not engage in any form of communication or discussion with the Representative or anyone else about any Entry. All Representatives hereby waive and agree not to assert any moral rights in and in connection with the Entry. All decisions of the judges are final and binding and cannot be appealed.
5. Voting, Judging and Winner Selection:
Community Voting will be open May 10, 2017 - May 23, 2016. During this time, the Entries will be available for members of Alienware Arena to view and vote by selecting “Like” for the best Entries. Each Alienware Arena member is only able to Like an Entry one time. The Likes are viewable by other Alienware Arena members. The number of Likes for each Entry will be taken into consideration by the Expert Judges, in their discretion, as one factor in their determination of Public Appeal. Representatives are prohibited from obtaining Likes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to Alienware Arena members, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
From May 24, 2017- May 26, 2017, a panel of 3 “Expert Judges” will review eligible Entries based on the following equally weighted Judging Criteria.
· Public Appeal (Judges factor in votes, in their discretion, received from the Alienware Arena community for the most anticipated game.)
· Community Engagement (How well has Developer engaged its community on the Game Page via videos, images, game keys, social media, etc.)
· Most Anticipated Game (Judges utilize all of the information available on the Game Page.)
The decisions of the judges will be final and binding in all matters; neither Representatives nor Developers will have the right to challenge the verdicts and the judges, who will not engage in any conversation or explanation regarding their decisions.
The winners of the Contest as determined by the judges per these Official Rules, will receive the prizes listed below. All prizes are in USD and are based on the approximate retail value (“ARV”).
· Cash prize of $5000
· Area-51 desktop computer (ARV $2,699.99)
· Alienware 13 laptop computer (ARV $999.00)
· MARCOM placement in the Alienware Insider Newsletter
· Game featured at PAX West
· Cash prize $2,500
· System Alienware 15 laptop computer (ARV $1,399.99)
· Mention on Alienware Arena Newsletter
· Cash Prize $500
· Alienware 13 laptop computer (ARV $999.99)
· Mention on Alienware Arena Newsletter
All promotional activities are at Dell’s discretion. Dell retains final editorial control over all its publications. No guarantee is made as to the location, size, or duration of promotional activities. By entering the Challenge, Developers acknowledge that the success of promotional efforts is beyond the control of party, and that no guarantee is made as to any particular result or revenue that any Developer, Finalist or winner may experience as a result of any joint promotional efforts or participation in the Challenge.
No Representative or Developer may request a cash equivalent for any promotional opportunity or prize. Promotional opportunities and prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value if such prize becomes unavailable. Sponsor will pay the costs of delivery of each prize. Developers are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Sales tax (if any) and income tax are the sole responsibility of each Developer. If a winner forfeits or is disqualified for any reason, such winner is not eligible to receive their prize and the next highest placing Entry will be chosen as the winner. The value of the prizes is only the value of the listed cash and computer equipment. Any assistance and collaboration in promotional efforts has no market value.
7. Notification of Winners. The Developers selected to win a prize will be notified by mail, phone or e-mail using the contact information provided by Representative within 10 days of determining the winners. Winners must respond within 14 days of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited. If required by law, the winner will be required to execute all applicable tax releases. The tax release must be provided to Sponsor within 10 days of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited. In such a case, the forfeited prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. The prize will be delivered within 45 days of winner being verified. Sponsor will not deliver a prize to any person other than the winning Developer.
Each Developer, by entering the Challenge, consents to Developer’s name and country being disclosed as indicated below.
8. Use of Information. By submitting an Entry, each Developer hereby grants to Sponsor and those acting with its authority a non-exclusive license to use any submitted material in any and all media.
9. General Release
To the extent permitted by applicable law, Sponsor and each of its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, agents and employees will not be responsible for any of the following insofar as they are beyond their reasonable control: (a) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or any other computer and communications related malfunctions or failures; (b) any Challenge disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor with the exception of personal injury or death caused by negligence; (c) any technical or human error such as typographical, printing, or administrative errors in any materials associated with the Challenge; or (d) the use of any Entry in accordance with these Official Rules. Unless prohibited by the applicable law, you acknowledge that the prizes will be awarded “as is” and that the Sponsor makes no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind, expressed or implied, concerning a prize or regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize.
By entering the Challenge, Representatives agree that Sponsor may obtain Entries that are similar or identical in theme, format or other respects to that submitted by Representative. Representatives and Developers expressly waive any and all claims that they may have against Sponsor based on any claim that any Entry entered into the Challenge is similar or identical to their Entry. In the event that more than one Entry with similar or identical elements is brought to Sponsor’s attention, the first such Entry received will be accepted. Representatives further agree that Sponsor shall not have any liability to Representatives or Developers for any direct, indirect, contributory, vicarious, secondary or other infringement or protection of any copyright in or to Representative’s Entry.
10. General Terms
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Challenge and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of California, USA. Each Representative agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Challenge or the prize awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Santa Clara County, California, USA, and all Representatives agree to Santa Clara County as the venue for any legal action without regard to conflict of laws doctrine. Some jurisdictions will not recognize the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Santa Clara County, USA, in which case the above clause on jurisdiction may not apply to you. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Challenge and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys’ or experts’ fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- The Challenge is subject to applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
- Representatives agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
- Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Challenge, or any part thereof, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Challenge, or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Challenge as planned, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Challenge, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such persons to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any terms of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Winner List. The names of the top 3 winners will posted at https://www.alienwarearena.com/ucf/News from approximately May 29, 2017- August 1, 2017.
12. Sponsor. The Challenge is sponsored by iGames, Inc., 2420 Old Penitentiary Road, Boise, ID 83712 USA.
How to Enter